Sunday, August 1, 2010

Orphaned?

Today I was thinking about John 14:18, a verse concerning orphans-ie. children that need to be adopted. Then God opened my closed minded thinking. What is an orphan? Can anyone be an orphan? Then I found John 14:18 in a different version! (1st half of verse is from the Amplified Bible)

"I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come to you."

How many times does the world weigh down and we're left feeling desolate, forlorn, helpless, abandoned? But God sees us in our time of distress and He has not left us! Whether we are an orphan physically or spiritually, from abandonment, death, as a child or as an adult (or maybe we are just comfortless, delsolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless). GOD SEES!
He will not leave us lying by the roadside. He will scoop up our broken and battered hearts/bodies and be there for us.

God has been opening my eyes to the amount of people who are struggling (and I struggle sometimes too!). May we turn our cares over to the one who can carry them better than us. May peace abound in peaceless times, because of our trusting in HIM. May strength for the week ahead seep into our bones as we know that HE is with us. He has not left us!

No comments:

Post a Comment