Monday, August 30, 2010

Spending Spree

Apparently today is the day for spending money. $725 for our van and $14 at Walgreens. I would have made it to another store to spend more money, but it took too long at Walgreens. lol!

So why did we drop 3/4 of a grand on our 8 year old van? Well, it's been shifting "hard". (this is my description of it) Apparently, the front and side mounts for the engine were broken. I wanted to know what would cause a breakage such as this (thinking they were made of steel). I was duly informed that they were made of rubber and sometimes it just wears out! (I really wanted to say some offhand, lewd comment like "You sure do sell expensive r^bbers!". But I couldn't do it.) Isn't it great when God keeps you from opening your mouth!?

I actually did "make" money at Walgreens, but I'm rather upset that they didn't take 12 of my coupons so I'm not going to detail my trip right now. Trying to work through the frustration. AAAHHHHHH!!! (didn't really help :-)) LOL!!!

I think today could easily be summed up by the open, almost consumed container of Cool Whip that I found in the fridge with the lid completely missing from the fridge and finger sweeps through the visible remains. When you see that on a Monday morning, you just know, it's going to one of THOSE days.

No comments:

Post a Comment