Monday, August 16, 2010

Waiting for the Other Shoe...

Mr. M wanted Mr. Incredible to stay home this morning and became very vocal about daddy going to work. (grimace)
Super P texted me to let me know he felt ill today and wouldn't be at work. (really?!)
Decided to make the most of it and go to Aqua Zumba and I swam 3 laps. (some tension released)
Need to make a finger food for a meeting tonight, usually my last name qualifies me for dessert. I CAN do dessert. I have NO idea what to make/take. Do cheese ball chips count?! (argh)
HAVE to go grocery shopping tonight AFTER the meeting due to another meeting tomorrow night and Mr. Incredible going out of town for 3 DAYS on Wednesday. (grrr)
AND to top it all off Super P wants Thursday off too! (AAAHHH!)
If we can just make it through today without another meltdown, I would be so thankful. If we can make it through this week without World War 3 erupting, I think I might cry.
Oh, in case you missed it, we are "back to school". This is one of those days that I'm not just leaning on God I'm saying, "Pick me up daddy and carry me through!"

On a funny note:
At dinner last night Mr. Incredible and I were asked by a certain someone, "Is it wegal [legal] to marry your sister?"...no... "Is it wegal to marry your momma?"...No... "Is it wegal to marry your brother?"...NO! (Maybe we shouldn't encourage talking during dinner, talk about pushing the envelope!)
Then today,
Mr. M: "You need to get married again."
Me: "Why? I am married to DADDY."
Mr. M: "You haven't been for very long."
Me: "Well, it's actually been quite a while."
Mr. M: "Well (he huffs), you need a baby! And God gives you the special treat of a baby after you get married!" (I'm dumbfounded at this point and refuse further comment, but I see how God is preparing even Mr. M's heart for what HE has next for us.)

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Hope you got everything done and have a less stressed day today! See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete