Thursday, August 19, 2010

Growing Pains

Sometimes parenting isn't fun. It is knock down, drag you to your knees as you seek answers from above warfare.
Then they give you a hug and say they are sorry... and you pray that maybe they've learned their lesson THIS time. So that you don't EVER EVER have go through this again. (or them either)
Anyone else been there?!

I would tell you what happened yesterday, but I don't honestly remember. I can remember that the wireless router died and there were two violent temper tantrums. (no, I didn't throw a fit when I lost internet) There was lots in between (and more was bad than good), but just as God helps you forget labor pains from childbirth, I guess I am forgetting the growing pains of childrearing. All I can say is if yesterday was the climax, today was the catharsis (the rain was God's added effect).

I'm praying that the contrition that was evident in the heart tonight is still present in the morning. That the gains that have been made with attitude control are not lost. Lest you think I am only speaking about a certain child, admit it, you thought it! I have had the wonderful, God-given opportunity to "work with" four out of the five in the last two days. (Gotta love Mr. Incredible's business trips!)

A little wisdom I found in Proverbs (the Message)
20:24 The very steps we take come from God;
otherwise how would we know where we're going?

20:27 God is in charge of human life,
watching and examining us inside and out.

20:28 Love and truth form a good leader;
sound leadership is founded on loving integrity.

15:32 An undisciplined, self-willed life is puny;
an obedient, God-willed life is spacious.

22:10 Kick out the troublemakers and things will quiet down;
you need a break from bickering and griping! (Hmm, I do need a break... :-))

15:1 A gentle response defuses anger, but a sharp tongue kindles a temper-fire.

15:4 Kind words heal and help;
cutting words wound and maim.

22:6 Point your kids in the right direction—
when they're old they won't be lost. (I'm pointing God and trusting in YOU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment