Saturday, September 4, 2010

Work in Progress

God is not a God of neatness. Sometimes it takes messy things to take the things out of our hearts and lives that are not of Him and replace it with things that are of Him. My home and life look like one big construction zone right now. UNDER CONSTRUCTION and DETOUR, DETOUR! Though we are not remodeling currently it looks like a Tazmanian Devil roared through not long ago. The stuff shoved in the guest bedroom resemble the "things" I keep trying to stuff into my life or the "junk" my heart won't let go of.

I know that this is just part of the refining process, but this time I am really feeling the fire (maybe it's Mr. Incredible's upcoming 12 day business trip as well :)).

One friend said recently, "You're either moving forward or you're sliding back. There is no standing still." I have mulled this over for several weeks before posting it, thinking. Just how true is this?! From the last month of experience, VERY TRUE! God wants us to pursue Him, even when it gets messy and we feel like giving up. If we stop and try to stand still, Satan and all his little entrapments come and jump on you. So onward I press...

Here's some *thoughts* that someone recently posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment