Monday, September 27, 2010

Sometimes...

Sometimes things are tough because God is trying to correct you.

Sometimes things go wrong because Satan is the prince of the air and his ways are not for our good.

Sometimes things are going wrong because you're headed in your own direction and God is trying to get your attention.

Sometimes things are great for no explainable reason.

Sometimes things are great because God is rewarding your diligence.

Sometimes things are so mixed up and sad/glad, happy/mad at the same time and the real test is what is our response going to be. Will we believe that He IS WORKING? Will we SEEK HIS FACE? Or are we going to do what we've always done?

Sometimes people may say having 5 kids is having 5 too many. But each have brought encouragement in their own special way these last two weeks, along with spilt milk, huge messes... and a reaffirmation that life is indeed precious!

Sometimes I just need to not take myself so seriously and laugh my head off at whatever is brought my way.

I am truly amazed that I am still standing after 14 days of basically single mommyhood. Mr. Incredible went to the doctor and he now has meds and hopefully starts improving. I don't know that he will be visiting a certain Mc Eating establishment any time in the future. I could be upset (part of me really could be), but this has actually been the most glorious trip he's ever taken to China (at least for us at home). I am taking care of a really sick husband and I didn't even p*ke when he did - that's progress! I have dealt with several sleepless/little sleep nights and yet was still aware enough to not be broadsided by the guy who ran the red light, or the guy who ran the stop sign or hit head on by the lady that ran another red light. (Do I have a poster saying 'hit me' on the van?!) God's hand has been so present lately, that I am in awe. I normally would have melted into some sort of puddle on the floor way before this. Sometimes I just have to give up my desires and plans and say, "Lord, whatever may come, you are in control. Use me, help me, strengthen me." If this hadn't been my prayer for the last two weeks, I can honestly say I don't think I would be where I am. But we are still standing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment