Sunday, September 12, 2010

Believing and Receiving

We started a new women's Bible study at church this last week- Beth Moore's "Believing God".
There were two things that REALLY stuck out to me this first week...
1. "The world knows when our reality matches our theology."
When our reality and our theology are the same, we are walking dynamite for the Lord because we are living what we believe!

2."We need to quit wishing and whining and start believing and receiving."
I know we've said, "We'll do ---, when we have ---". Now I don't want to be fool hardy, but what would happen if we just did it?! Believed that God spoke to us and did it! Yep, we sure could use a bigger vehicle if we adopted again, but are we going to let THAT hold us back? Hmm.

Beth went on to say how we are Abraham's spiritual seed, Gal. 3:26-29.
God has an earthly inheritance for us, Deut. 4:37-38.
We will see God's inheritance for us when we are fulfilling His calling for us, but He will not force our calling on us, Deut. 8:7-9, Eph. 1:18-19, Eph 2:10.
And the #1 reason why our calling does not become reality, is our UNBELIEF, Heb. 3:7-19 (OUCH!)
God wants us to do wonderous things- Faith and sanctification closes the gap between reality and theology, Josh. 3:5, Num. 15:37-41.

I have heard a lot lately how in the natural eye our life looks overwhelming. I'll admit, sometimes it is. :) There are days when it seems like we have overcome huge things, but then there are those days when we are stuck down in the mire fighting those little nasty battles. I don't know if I am in a place of where my reality and theology are matching up because I often feel that I fall so very short. It is only through faith that I am able to make it through everyday and I'm going to need an even bigger measure once Mr. Incredible leaves for his 12 business trip in two days! So glad my parents are planning on coming! Upward and onward! And time to start believing and receiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment