Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We Voted, Bare Bums and All

Oh yeah, we just thought it would be a little challenging to vote with five kids in tow. Little did we know that after "the day" we've had with Mr. M would we end up being even further humbled as parents. The setup: Ran into someone we knew at voting, so I was chatting with them. I had left Mr. M sitting on a rug about 8 ft. behind me, between Mr. Incredible and myself. The crime: Well Mr. M wasn't content to stay on the rug and ran over to a corner of the room (which happened to be a school library) to play with The Cat in The Hat doll. Mr. Incredible already embarrassed that his son was being the most disruptive one in the room (there had already been prancing on a stage as we were signing in), well he walked over to Mr. M and proceeded to take him back to the line in which the rest of the family was waiting in. The inevitable: I finish up my conversation to see Mr. M's bare backside walking back to the line. Apparently Mr. Incredible was oblivious to the fact that Mr. M's pants had fallen down in the 20 ft. walk across the room. Well, at least he had on underwear is all I could say and then proceeded to laugh till I cried because of the absurdity of the situation, we still had to yet vote! Fortunately the others present were oblivious, didn't really care or shared in our "kids do the darndest things" moment. Oh the joy of parenthood!!! :)
P.S. Once Mr. Incredible recovered from mortification he joined in my mirth. Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment