Friday, March 19, 2010

Dinner for Two, Anyone?

Well, I am a little tardy in bragging about Mr. Z and Mr. J, but better late than never, right?! I had to lay down yesterday afternoon to rest my knee. When I went to get up I was informed that I couldn't. I knew something was up, but we finally reached an agreement that I could be led with eyes closed down the stairs and out to the garage- had to get donations loaded for church garage sale. When Mr. Incredible arrived home we had the "grand" reveal. We found our coffee table covered with a tablecloth (a rarity at our house) moved into our "formal" dining area and shimmed up to table height using kids chairs, laundry baskets and puzzles. The menu consisted mostly of snack food and our standby of cheese burritos, but it was the thought that counted. They even prepared food for their younger siblings, cleaned up the the mess in the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher (even started it without being asked!!!). I felt so blessed that they came up with, executed and cleaned up their plan.
Now it did cost to eat at their restaurant, but they CLEANED UP, this is HUGE! I of course deducted the cost of the food, but they still made $6 to split. I think I made Mr. Incredible's jaw drop by giving up my miserly ways for the night (or at least a few minutes) and gladly paying them. I even made it to the garage sale to drop off the donations, picked up Saxon 8/7 and Alegebra 1 for $4 and made it home in time to give Elizabeth her bottle and rock her before bed. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What sweet boys. And very creative. Sounds like a great evening.

    I'm glad you're resting and recovering from your surgery. Keep taking it easy!

    ReplyDelete