Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home and Recovering

Well, you just never know what God can do. The doctor did find lots of torn up cartilage, but my ACL is intact. Don't know if God did some healing, or all the shredded cartilage masked my ACL. Still adjusting to the not so extensive surgery. After a month of thinking one thing and preparing for that, it's been a bit mind boggling to switch gears (the mind numbing pain medication doesn't help either). I will find out next week what recovery will look like, but no leg brace as had been anticipated and no CPM machine to bend my knee, I get to do that all on my own! That should be a joy ;)
I was able to stay awake for the surgery and look at the monitor of what the scope saw and what the doctor did to my knee. It was really neat to see how intricately God made our bodies, we are truly knitted together in our mother's womb.
This morning at 4 am as my soon to come "incompacitation" (sp?) was hitting me I was counting my blessings. 5 beautiful children who are all well and succeeding in school. Mr. Incredible took time off to stay with me today. He has taken on the responsibility of children that aren't even "his" AND he enjoys them. He has set aside his plans to see that I could have my knee repaired in a timely manner instead of making me wait another month (in pain). This afternoon he said he was quite tired, but still planning on attending a rehearsal with Mr. Z to help him in his role of Tom Sawyer, what a man! When I asked why he was tired, he confessed to having been very stressed over my surgery (our last two baby deliveries had some scary moments), but this whole time he has set aside his fears to comfort me and reassure me.
I am so blessed. Thank you for all the prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!! You have been in our prayers, and I'm so glad everything went well today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the damage to your knee was not as bad as expected. Praying for you! Hope your recovery is quick.

    ReplyDelete