Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Good Day

I finally got my staples out today!!!! And wouldn't you know Mr. Incredible insisted on taking me to the doctor!!!! I drove somewhere last night so I knew I could take myself, but that he wanted to be there to hold my hand...or maybe it was to hear the doctor list what my limitations still are so that he could "gently" remind me to not overdo it. Hmm. Well he was there and before we went to the orthopedic we were able to pick up our prescriptions (for glasses), pick out a pair each and place our order- been needing to be done for several months, if not years in his case. Not bad for 45 min. if I say so myself.
So after all that my head is pounding and he asks if there is anywhere else I want to go. After a brief pause, I say it would be REALLY nice to go to Starbucks for my favorite drink. And he took me! YES!!! Double Bonus!
When we got home and relieved our wonderful babysitter, our tax return was in the mail, 3 weeks earlier than planned! (long story there that I don't even fully understand) So we all pile in the car and this was the wonderful song that was playing as the kids are talking happily and Mr. Incredible is smiling and the sun was at just that perfect angle that makes everything shine in the afternoon sunlight. We made the deposit, picked up our glasses, indulged Mr. M in his request to stop by "the train store", and ate dinner out at Chick-fil-A. Blessed beyond measure tonight and maybe slightly energized from the caffeine, yummy! Life is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Serendipity!! Glad you are feeling better!! You needed a day like that!

    ReplyDelete