Wednesday, March 10, 2010

12 hours and counting

Surgery is tomorrow morning, hmm, not much to say about that.

But the kids have been so nice, I haven't been able to take Advil for a week now and Tylenol just doesn't do the trick.

Anytime I make a noise, Mr. Z asks if I am dying. Not encouraging, but still very thoughtful, I think.

Mr. M came up with a great joke tonight. "Why did the chicken cross the road? Because it wanted to be cute!" This was on the way home from going through the drive thru at Chick-fil-A with chicken in hand. We had wanted to do something easy for dinner and give the kids a treat. So anyway, they got our order wrong and shorted us a fry. Mr. Incredible and I discuss whether to go back through the drive thru or one of us go in... We hear from the back, "don't go through the drive thru, it was very distressing!", Mr. M's impression of the experience. I have no idea how it was distressing, but we gladly didn't go through again after such great verbalization.

Three and a half hours left to eat and drink. Why do I feel the need to gorge myself? I know I will get to eat and drink again, but my brain is in overdrive telling me eat it all, drink it all TONIGHT!!! I am also looking at my unclean house in the mode of guests are coming!! I know they are not, but the thought of not being up to cleaning for a while makes me want to clean. However, my dear body is telling me sleep, rest, pamper your knee, tomorrow will be a long day. So in trying to be in tune with my body. I am off to rest in some manner for some length of time. Ohh, just to be able to take Advil again...

2 comments: