Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Just Want To Sleep!!!!!

Well, I have been trying to go back to sleep for the last 50 minutes.
It's not going so well. In our new room I can hear a lot more street
noise and the humidity also seems higher. It doesn't help that Mr.
Incredible is snoring. But even in my current state of mind, I still
think he is incredible. :-)

He posted the last post for me since I was not in a good state of mind
due to some coconut milk I had drank earlier in the day and the 1 tsp.
of Children's Benadryl that I had taken to counteract the itching and
"brain overload". Even at 1/4 of the adult dosage, apparently it still
KOs me or at least makes me "loopy" enough that I know that I should not
blog. It least I hope the source of my itching was the coconut milk (I
can avoid that) and not something like the pervasive humidity (not so
easy to avoid). People comment that since we are from Texas we are used
to the heat. Heat I can handle. Humidity rivaling Houston where you
start to sweat within 20 feet of leaving air-conditioning, that's
another story! But I guess living in East Texas has better prepared me
than if I lived in a cool or dry climate.

We ended up buying a stroller yesterday and a puzzle of China. So far
that is all of our purchases, but don't worry we are just price scoping
right now. Someone suggested getting a "Chinese" gift for every
birthday for Elizabeth. I found some cute Cloissenae (sp?) boxes that I
thought a purity ring would be perfect in. (I doubt they are the "real"
stuff that we have seen at the factories on our touring of Beijing
previously, but don't know that we'll be making it to any factories this
trip.) Most vendors appear to be on just two blocks of the island.
With a majority being between the V and the WS.

Our air-conditioner is making the sound of a helicopter again. I really
like our view now. I hope it doesn't require us to move again.
However, that sound might be why everything in the room feels damp to
the touch! .... Whew, it's gone again. Go back and check your
spelling and everything in life works out, Right?!

BTW, we decided to forgo Hong Kong. Mr. I was nervous about going
through immigration again (especially with his last experience). We
don't want to be the cause of any further delay in getting to
Elizabeth. And about 1:30pm I hit a wall, if you translate the time
that's 12:30 am and my late bedtime time. For whatever reason I do not
seem to making the transition to Chinese time very well this trip.
Maybe that means I will transition back to CS time better?! I can
hope. Of course since I analyze things, I have wondered if it has more
to do with being at the end of our time of "expectation" and just that
uncomfortable all the time feeling you get, maybe?! I just wish I could
sleep for more than 4 hours!!!

Well the street noise has died down some. Maybe with a book I can work
on getting some more sleep. Hope you have an awesome Saturday!!!

Note: Just spent the last hour connecting to post and as soon as I
connected our boys called using Skype. I REALLY gotta get some sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment