Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finally Home

We arrived home last night under the cover of darkness after about 10 hours of driving and stopping every 70 or so miles for a potty break. My Mr. Incredible has once again lived up to his name. Not only did he drive most of the way home, he unloaded the van while I fed the kids. After the kids were in bed I took some medicine to knock me out so I could sleep through the night and feel better- fighting something. He went to the store bought milk (for breakfast) and the baby gates we needed for the stairs. He also unpacked almost all our things and did laundry. This morning he even cooked some eggs! I am truly blessed to be married to this dear man.
Elizabeth seems to love the dogs and the dogs love her, that's an answer to prayer. Onto the task of making doctor appointments and getting evaluations done. Elizabeth has started taking stage 1 baby food through a syringe and finishing the little container in a meal. She also has started self feeding Cheerios. As with all things it appears it will be a matter of time and patience.
The boys dote on her almost incessantly. I am thinking she best enjoy it while she can.
I am so glad and thankful to be home after 25 days. Thank you to all for your prayers for our travel.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are all home safely. I know that is an answer to prayer.

    As to the doting-T still dotes on K every day! so it could last a long time. Enjoy all the help.

    We can't wait to meet this sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! I am glad you all made it back safe and sound. Now, to meshing a family! =) I will be praying for a smooth transition to the time change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family you have there!!! :) So glad to hear that you're home safely and things seem to be going well.

    ReplyDelete