Monday, January 4, 2010

Think What You Will

Well some may look down on this and others may get a good laugh, but after five years of battling Mr. M with his bed covers. Tonight I had a breakthrough- just don't have any (bedcovers that is). Before you go thinking that he is going to freeze (especially with this cold weather) let me explain. Mr. M just can't concentrate long enough by himself to make his bed. Never mind the fact that everyday he rips ALL the covers off his bed and carries his comforter around the house during the morning. If I had the time I would stand there, but my day is already stretched thin. However, I hate looking at messy beds-mine included- though you couldn't tell. Maybe it comes from all the painstaking bed making I did as a five year old or maybe it's lack of time... Anyway, Mr. M now has the privilege of sleeping in "Mommy's" sleeping bag. And so that bickering is limited, Mr. T also now sleeps in one as well. Did all this come about in some moment of sudden joyous clarity, Nope! As I left the boys room growling through my teeth about how they need to make their beds in the morning and I was sick and tired of the mess..., I knew this is not how I want to spend my week as a single mom (Mr. Incredible is traveling on business, but will hopefully make some sort of stopover to celebrate Mr. J's birthday). In fact, it's not how I want to spend anytime. Children are a joy and I need to be able to enjoy them. So long live the perpetual sleepover! Or at least until we can concentrate long enough to make a bed :)
In case I don't post again before Thursday, pray for our Thursday, seven doctor appointments- 5 dentist, 1 ENT and 1 therapy and piano lessons too boot!!!

1 comment:

  1. Our Foshan sweetie is this way. The bed is always made because she won't sleep in the covers. She just gathers her blankets various people have given her and sleeps on top of the bed with them. Makes for a supper quick clean-up and its not hurting her any so why not.

    ReplyDelete