Thursday, January 7, 2010

Seven Appointments

Seven doctor appointments in one day are behind us and all are still alive. Everyone got the all clear at the dentist and we got out with 40 min. before the next appointment so I grabbed some Starbucks. I had one of my worst parenting moments (it even happened at the therapists office!), but later in the day Mr. Z assured me we all have days like this. He is so sweet when he wants to be. I have to give Miss F a big thank you for sitting with the boys during the ENT visit. Elizabeth's ears were clear of infection and so we got to do another hearing test!!!!!!! The results are...(drum roll)....inconclusive! Yep. More waiting to know for sure. Possibly more testing involving putting her to sleep... Big bummer. But she is babbling more and today even started saying "mama", YES! She has been saying "dada" for a couple weeks now and in the last couple of days I'd heard a mama when distressed, but she was just walking around saying it tonight. Oh, it does a heart good. Mr. Incredible might be home tomorrow evening before the kids go to bed. For this year he's been gone more than he's been in town, rough way to start the year. But life goes on and we persevere.
Today I witnessed a mom have a meltdown in the doctor's office. I wanted to help, but what could I do with five kids in tow. I wanted to offer to pray with her, but she was on her cell phone most of the time we were in the waiting room together. The "whole" problem was that the doctor wouldn't see the 16 mo. old without verifying Medicaid first, she did offer to pay if need be. As I tried not to listen to her phone conversations I gathered she was single, the baby had Medicaid, her meltdown at the doctor's office was embarrassing her, she wanted to be seen by the doctor NOW. But is today where the problem started? More and more people are choosing to have sex outside of marriage. It has devastating results for all involved and even ripples to innocents because it is sin and sin has consequences. Had she had the baby out of wedlock, or maybe they got divorced or maybe she was raped? I don't know. I will never know. But in any of those cases sin is involved in some way. How can I with my arms laden with bags and coats and kids show love to her? Because it is not my place to judge, I sin too. I will deal with trying to repair a relationship with a child because of my sin today. Some sin is apparent, some is not, but we all sin.
Dear Father, please help that mom and child find you and the comfort and peace only you can provide. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment