Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Say What?!

Well before I start running this morning, I just wanted to update that yesterday we found out that Elizabeth has a bad astigmatism, as in alot, and is very nearsighted. I think I was in mild shock with hearing this at the opthamologist's office, it wasn't until after we ordered her glasses that I started coming up with questions and digesting all that I had heard. So she's half deaf and half blind?!.... I know this shouldn't shock me, just par for the course at this point, but it still does. Maybe it's how much has been going on- 18 doctor, therapist, dentist appointments since January 5th. Not counting the weekends that's 11 days for all that. Maybe that's why I am resorting to chocolate and coffee so much lately. Lest it be thought that the "fun" of these appointments are spread around our clan, most of them are for Elizabeth and Mr. M. (sigh) But they are receiving help that they otherwise probably never would have had unless God had placed them in our family. I guess it's good that I'm proactive?! Maybe I can call the opthamologist's office later today and make sure I am understanding correctly- though we go back in another six months (sigh).

3 comments:

  1. Be encouraged, a bad astigmatism is easily corrected with glasses. My astigmatism is worse than my nearsightedness and has been as long as I can remember. You just need those yearly eye exams more than kids without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an astigmatism too...pretty bad as well. And I'm doing all right!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words, ladies. I had an astigmatism in college that has mostly gone away now so I know it's not all doom and gloom, just hit me from nowhere though.

    ReplyDelete