Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Coming and Goings

I have been sooooo busy lately that I haven't had time to post! Imagine that?!
We just got back from a trip to my parents. It was nice to sleep in and have someone to watch the kids. It was great to stay up after the kids had gone to bed and play Upwords or Yuker. But most of all it was great just to be away. Away from all the busyness that consumes my days lately.

We met with our school district and Elizabeth will continue with her language development services this summer and in the fall begin speech therapy twice a week in addition to the language. So with Mr. M's appointments and Elizabeth's we will have 8 weekly appointments not including any lessons, etc. - 5 at home and 3 away. I am truly trying to be thankful that my kids are getting needed help, but the thought of trying to fit everything in is overwhelming. I had the insane thought of adding to our schedule our local homeschooling group's learning classes that meet once a week during the school year, actually a little less, however sign ups closed early because of being full. We would have lost a whole day of being able to do school and appointments, due to class and mommy recovery- at least it was that way a couple of years ago when we did them. I could try to get on the waiting list, hmmmmm.

Mr. Incredible was just promoted to a managing position at his place of employment. He has been with the company for over 13 years. Hard to believe so much time has gone by. I am looking forward to possibly less travel for him. That would be NICE.

Our summer session of schooling is getting off to a slow start. There's some things that I am hoping to focus on this summer. I hope and pray it happens. Give us a leaping jump on next year or maybe it's ending this year with a bang. :)

Our helper has found a job for the fall, so if you know us personally and know of a young lady (over 18, State requirement) that would like to work in our home with our family for 23 hours a week, PLEASE email me or leave a comment!

I would love to have some wonderfully encouraging words, but alas I am at one of those points of hour by hour and minute by minute praying for strength and wisdom from the Almighty. I know He gives wisdom to those lacking (Prov. 2:6)and strength to the weary (Is. 40:29)and He has a season for everything (Ecc. 3:1). May I be willing to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment