Sunday, April 11, 2010

What's in a weekend?

Ever feel like your weekends are more exhausting than your weeks sometimes?! Well this was one of those for us. It started by Mr. Incredible taking Friday off so that we could visit an aquarium 120 miles away. We have come a long way with Mr. M, but field trips require a minimum of two adults, period. We also went back to the PF Chang's that helped us celebrate Elizabeth's birthday while she was still in China, see We Got In!. Saturday wasn't extremely full, but had enough since the aquarium had zapped everything out of me- maybe it was that we walked up and down a three story building multiple times, I was carrying Elizabeth (the stroller thing just wasn't working for us/her) or that I was still less than a month post surgery. Whatever it was, it WORE me OUT! Grocery shopping HAD to happen on Saturday, the cupboards were getting bare and we were completely out of Chex! Horrors! (lol) Today was the typical church/AWANA full day with one exception. Instead of Elizabeth and I going and sitting in the foyer during the sermon, she fell asleep in my arms and snuggled me the whole sermon. I really needed that and I think she did too. I feel like a need this week just to recover from the past three days.

Unfortunately this week is extra busy- more than just our "normal" six appointments... I could become very discouraged-never enough of me to get done all that needs to be done, our "normal" is now six appointments every single stinkin' week, committees, health food co-ops... But then I stop and think of how bad it could really be. My child could have cancer and given weeks to live. Celiac Disease is nothing compared to that. My child could be so far gone mentally that they just need to be institutionalized. ADHD is soooo minor if I think about it that way. My child could be totally deaf and blind. Elizabeth can hear some and her vision appears to be correctable with glasses. We may have obstacles in our way and our path may not be as smooth as others, but God doesn't call for me to jealous because someone else seems to have such a "better" life than me. God wants me to be thankful,
1 Thes. 5:18a- "give thanks in all circumstances".
He has given me these children. He sees their needs and mine.
Matthew 6:31-32-"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them."
I think this also applies to scheduling, schooling, medical diagnosis, not just having clean clothes and gluten free food (I don't need the latest fashions, just sometimes finding clean clothes is a feat in itself). My feet may be stuck in the mire of gunky banana on my living room floor (don't ask), but my arms are uplifted to my Father who knows all, sees all and has a plan in all this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment