Thursday, April 29, 2010

The End is Near, or Maybe It's Just the Beginning!

Opening night of Tom Sawyer is tomorrow night. We had/have dress rehearsals last night and tonight. I went last night. It is amazing what these kids (and a few grown-ups) have done in just a few short weeks. Mr. Z is having a hard time containing himself, but he had a bit of reality check last night with a wardrobe malfunction. After the show, he told me how he was 'mortified' and 'THIS was the most embarrasing day of his life!'. I assured him it wasn't, that there would be more. :) And the big faux paux?! Apparently there wasn't supposed to be a split in the back of his pants, that was his "real" underwear, he didn't have TS "underwear" like some of the other cast members...OOPS!!! Hopefully his pants are mended for tonight's rehearsal! But the split showed up in a scene where he was trying to act somewhat proper and so it did make it funnier, unfortunately.
What has all this done for him and us? Well, I think we have an actor in the house...and I'm grateful for the meals we get to eat together as a family now. And as for future productions?...We will have to see.

2 comments:

  1. Alisha told me how wonderful it was! I wish we could come!! Tell Z to "break a leg"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will go great! I am glad that dress rehearsal went well.

    ReplyDelete