Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter! (cough, cough)

Today is Easter, I have really wanted to start/have some Easter traditions, but the only one we seem to have is that somehow we miss church. :( Either we are traveling to spend time with family or we are sick. This year once again it was the latter of the two. Two of the kids are down with bronchial issues- they are our spring born babies (connection?!). This combined with having a busy week (or at least what felt like a busy week) last week, fritzy internet for six days (one of the reasons I haven't been posting), our main computer dying (another reason I haven't been posting) and satan rearing his ugly head at a function yesterday in the form of ill spoken words and I am beat! I don't want tomorrow to be Monday, I am fighting some sickness off myself, sitting here posting, drinking Vitamin C and ignoring the piled dishes in the sink.
So it's at times like these that I check my vision. Right now I am staring at the bumper in front of me (not literally). I am on this road of life and there are things that are causing traffic. But instead of looking up and planning a better way around the obstacles, I choose to simply stare at what is right in front of me. My dad when teaching me how to drive would say, "Look at what is happening 1/4 mi. up the road so you can prepare." How this has served me well in driving, but it is easy to forget when a HUGE semi is in front of you and you can't see beyond his bumper. It also applies to life. If I spend my energy on what was said to me, I will only be making myself and those closest to me miserable. If I stop and think about how many diapers I've changed or Gluten Free meals I've cooked and will yet have to continue doing, I could get depressed. But I need to take my eyes off that bumper in front of me (whether a semi's or a compact's, and sometimes they all seem big) and look ahead at what my goal in life is. Is it to be the fastest one on the road, cutting other off and squealing my tires to show off? Or am I in a season of service right now, not only to my husband and children, but also to my community?
Lord, may I have my eyes fixed on you this coming week and not look at all the obstacles surrounding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment