Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Little Retail Therapy


Well, since the adoption is at a standstill until China issues us our travel approval. I decided to get some deals. This is what I got from CVS. =>
I would have had to pay $8.87 cash, but used a gift card and I got $12.99 in ECB so I made $4.12!
My next stop was Walgreens. I had $10 RR from buying 8 Ragu last week. I ended up with 8 Ragu for $4.80 if you count the RR that I got. So anyway back to Walgreens this week, I had the RR and some other coupons. I ended up getting all that you see =>
I ended up paying $1.34, but got $6 in RR. So they paid me $4.66!!!!
On to Kroger where I got 2- Tide detergents, 32 loads ea., 3- Tide Stain Boosters, 1- Downy dryer sheets, 4 boxes Post Fruit/Cocoa Pebbles, 4- Snickers, 6 - Puffs Plus with Lotion and 2.14 lbs of grapes. The cost of all that, $37.34, my total savings was $38.09.
At Albertson's I got 3- French's mustard, 2- Coke 2 liters, and 2- Fresh Express Salads for a total of $6.68. Total savings $9.52.
Next was Walmart where I got enough cheese and meat to last us at least two weeks (as long I cook it :). I matched competitor adds and then had roughly $20 in coupons, my total ended up being $76.25 for 38 items. That includes 9 lbs. chicken, 2 lbs. ground turkey, 6- 12oz. pkg Kraft American singles, 4 lbs. brick cheese, 4- 8oz. pkg of shredded cheese, 2-4pk. of TP, 2- Hormel entrees, 1 gal. chocolate milk and even items that I didn't have a comp. add or coupon for- like some Bliss chocolate to indulge my ever worn nerves in.
So all told how much did I spend for a family of six for groceries "for a week". $111.49
Don't worry I don't really use that much detergent in a week. :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw your comment on my blog, and I answered it over there.
    I just realized that I bought a belated birthday card quite awhile ago to send to you, and now it is still sitting here. Is there such a thing as a "belated belated birthday card", or do I just wait to send it next year? :)

    ReplyDelete