Saturday, June 27, 2009

When it Rains, It Pours

Ever have one of those weeks, or months.
Our vacuum died (and a vacuum is not a maybe at our house with 4 boys, 2 large dogs and 1 cat and dust allergies), our washing machine is requiring a $200+ repair (I value clean clothes). We had to get new tires on our van, another $200+, but it was a manufacturer's defect and so we saved over $90 for three tires. (Trying to look at bright side here) I finally broke down and ordered our curriculum for next year, more $$$. But we need to go ahead and start schooling because we will be traveling most likely in August, when we typically start. Our land had to be brushhogged, another $1000. The pool repairs we have waited/put off for so long, finally happened, but cost $5000+. I keep asking myself where the money is coming from to pay for all this. Some has been savings, but mostly I think it is God just taking the little we have and blessing it. Our electric and water bills have been really low compared to last year (our yard is a shade of brown and you can break a sweat if you move in the upstairs of our house). I am couponing my brains out, and getting rewarded with lots of groceries and other items for REALLY cheap or free. I am happy to say we haven't even had to start eating just beans and rice. I could live this way, but my husband likes meat. All this to say, I have no idea how God is going to provide for the adoption. Because all my "saving efforts" seem to be in vain, some other major expense keeps coming that's not adoption related. I have come to the conclusion that we might just have to take a loan against hubby's retirement, but then I wonder if God is causing futility to all my efforts to save so that HE can provide for the adoption!? I know that our adoption of M was definitely God and there were road signs that pointed out God's provision. So maybe my washer breaking down, isn't that it is six years old, but it is a road sign that will point to God's provision for Elizabeth's adoption. I can only pray that I am learning the lesson and try to trust that my heavenly daddy has a plan, a time and a purpose for all things. Meanwhile we wait for the fingerprinting paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment