Thursday, June 11, 2009

Answered Prayer -Even If It Does Take Years

We bought our house almost 7 years ago. About 6.5 years ago a playground was installed between a school building and our house. This playground has been the source of much irritation, frustration, tears, migraines, sleepless children, etc. As our next door neighbor described it, it sounds like 17 children getting raped and murdered every day, and he doesn't even live directly behind it! With our upcoming adoption and Elizabeth hopefully taking naps I was not looking forward to trying to get her to sleep with all the screaming. For over a week now I have heard heavy equipment doing "stuff". I finally made a couple calls to find out what was happening behind our backyard. According to two different sources the playground is being removed!!!!! There is conflicting information about what is going there- another temp building or a gym.... But my heart is soaring at even the thought of not hearing all the screaming. I have learned to love the summer, cold days below 40 and rainy days, the children aren't on the playground then. We have enough noise in our home without it coming through the walls! I had prayed for 5 years for the playground to be removed and for the last year I have prayed that God would give me grace to deal with the noise. I would just like to encourage you all that God does hear prayers and He will answer, it may just take a loooong time. I am also encouraged that though my wish of being with Elizabeth on her two year birthday is really just wishful thinking at this point, God does have a plan. His timing is perfect and in the meantime we trust, wait, pray and clean :)

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! I remember you telling me about the park. God does answer the prayers doesn't He!! =D

    ReplyDelete