Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Long Days....

Today was one of those long days and it is not over yet....
I love people asking about Elizabeth, but I feel so inadequate to answer. We don't know how hearing impaired she is, I would love to know, but we simply don't. Can she hear me tell her I love you? Or will signing be our only form of communicating?.... What size is she?.... What is her favorite toy/activity?.... We pray for her, her adjustment and our adjustment at least daily and I keep telling myself God is in control.
We continue applying for grants. We've already been turned down by one, don't know why- apparently they don't disclose that!
We've been dealing with issues with our son that is adopted and I have to admit that I am scared, tired and wondering how God is going to help. In the midst of all the things we are dealing with him about, I keep asking myself are you crazy?! Now you are adopting a hearing impaired girl!!! I think others may think I am insane, we already have four, four boys no less! The scripture comes to mind, God never gives you more than you can bear and I remind God that I didn't "bear" him. But even on his bad days, our son is a testimony to God's faithfulness and grace.
Well on to finish some grant applications....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sending me the link to this blog. I shared it with my parents too. We are all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete