Friday, May 22, 2009

Bumps in the Road

Bump #1 My parents dog (used to be mine) died this week. It made me wonder how Elizabeth is. What's happening with the bump under her good ear? Does she cry herself to sleep? Does she know about us yet?
Bump #2 I had to assist in killing a fly, it was for science, and the fly is currently not dead, at least not at our hands. But it took sooooo long for that fly to stop moving. We are learning about insects and it was experiment time. We went outside when it was time to revive the fly and somehow we managed to all get out the door without the door ever getting unlocked!
Bump #3 We were locked out of the house!!!! Fortunately while the fly dried out I remembered an unlatched window and by the time the fly was up to par we were in! Though I usually don't like a certain son unlatching windows, I am glad that he did this week. Otherwise we would still be outside!
Bump #4 It came in the form of a letter, a grant denial letter. But my Father owns a cattle on a thousand hills and He sees Elizabeth and He sees us and He will meet our needs.
We are plugging along on this adoption journey. My heart yearns to hold Elizabeth and comfort her. I long to shower her with love and tell her how much Jesus loves her. It's not about just finally having a girl to dress in pink. The reason for adoption is about making a difference. I would love to help all the children of the world and though I can try I doubt that I can really have a significant impact on 143,000,000 children. But just as we've had an impact on Michael's life, I look forward to how God will use us to impact Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment