Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day- Belated

This weekend we had the pleasure of my parents coming to visit. They wanted to see Mr. Z in his role of Tom Sawyer. Well, they got to see a little more than that... Apparently the "allergies" that several of us had been suffering from was actually a cold or something. My dad who doesn't "do" puking kids was vomited on by Mr. T when his coughing fit caused him to lose his lunch. My dad and Mr. T survived although there was talk of an ER visit Friday night, but fortunately the medication and nebulizer worked their magic on Mr. T. All told on Friday Mr. T was "sick" three times and Elizabeth decided to follow his example and joined in too (fortunately only once :)). I awoke Saturday and felt like my head had been run over by an 18 wheeler... Sunday I was better, but it still wasn't a picturesce Hallmark day- my parents left and the nasal congestion hit Elizabeth BIG time. Today my only symptoms are having a deeper voice than Mr. Incredible's and sinus pressure. I think we are all on the mend, finally.
It is at times of sickness that you treasure the times of being well. And, hopefully at some point in the next 11 days I can get all the laundry done. What's so important about 11 days?!? I'll save that for my next post!
I could be disappointed that my Mother's Day wasn't filled with breakfast in bed and lunch out at a restaurant, but I wouldn't give up Mr. Incredible's blackberry pancakes and eggs at noon or piddling around the yard with my parents and kid's near for any Hallmark moment...unless it was on a deserted tropical beach and it was truly for just a moment. Because, time truly does fly by and they are only small for just a little while.

3 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people are suffering this allergy/cold/illness thing. It hit our house last week, but w/o the puking. Hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This allergy thing hit our house, and we can't seem to get it to leave;) I hope you all get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete