Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Grim Discover/ A Sweet Rememberance

We have had two birds build nests in our hanging ferns. The first nest/eggs did fine even though we had an issue with Mr. M bringing a baby bird into the house and putting it into his shoe- amazing enough the baby bird lived. Anyway, second nest, I discovered that another nest was made in another fern, over the course of several days there were another four eggs laid. Then all of a sudden three eggs were gone and the mama seemed to be gone as well. I figured that the first three must have been stolen by some creature and that the fourth was a dud because no parent was around anymore. Well, it's been a couple weeks since I last looked but today I found a hatched fourth egg and a dead baby bird. I was crushed, my first thought is I should have been more faithful at checking everyday.... Then my second thought was that not a bird falls from the sky that the LORD doesn't know about and HE cares even more for ME! (my paraphrase). God saw that baby bird live and die and He had a plan. God sees our daily challenges with Mr. M and my daily struggles to homeschool and keep house. God sees our paperwork delays with the adoption and in all of these things He has a plan. I don't know how it brought God glory for the baby bird to die and I sometimes don't know how I can bring God glory with all my failings and shortcomings. But He is Faithful and He has a Plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment